Thursday, July 8, 2010

My sweet grandma

At the age of 96, my dear grandma Reva Nelson passed away today. I love her very much and she will be dearly missed. She's been a glue for our extended family, always providing a welcome place for us to gather and have a good time. My immediate family even got to live with her for a couple years when we first moved back to Utah in 1995. She was always happy and would often repeat some of her favorite quotes, like "My family is my riches" and "You sure are doing good things with your life, aren't you?" and "I always say busy people are the happiest people."

This little post won't do her life justice, but I feel the need to express myself and write about my love for this great woman. While I shed a few tears when I heard she had passed, I find great solace in knowing our Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and that plan includes us having the chance to be reunited with our families and loved ones when we leave this mortal life. Right now, my sweet grandma is reunited with her husband, who has been gone for 24 and 1/2 years. What a reunion that must be.

The funeral will be this Saturday morning. How I love my dear grandma. I'll miss you. But we haven't said good bye forever. I'll see you and Grandpa again, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment