Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Lois!

The birthday girl!
We had a small birthday party on the 13th for her actual birthday. We got her lots of fun books--lots of Karen's favorites from when she was a kid--and a little kitchen. 

Presents!


On Friday, we went to Grandma & Papa Krueger's house for a party with David's family.





Cake!
I decided to make Lois's cake, so I made one for the family and then a little one for Lois. I'm pretty proud of my decorating job. :)  Lois didn't want to eat it at first. She touched it tentatively but wouldn't eat it, even after I dipped my finger in it to get her to taste the frosting. But when we dug a little deeper down to the cake part, she decided it was worth eating. Even then, she was a dainty little thing for the first few bites. Finally, she dug in...
The family's cake

Lois's cake








The end result

The post-sugar coma while we watch
Despicable Me. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the books, love the cakes (glad my kids are creative), love the pics...and my, oh my, she does look like her Grandma Krueger! What fun times for her 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's already been a year! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe Lois is a year old!!! She is so adorable and her blue eyes just kill me.

    Love her outfit, by the way...

    We miss you and love you! Clark sends his love!

    ReplyDelete