I remember holding her in the hospital, not a day old. Oh, tangent. Lois had her eyes open as soon as she was born. She was looking around, and not with a dazed newborn sort of look. She would look you in the eye. She's still really observant. So I'm holding her in the hospital, not a day old, and I start singing to her. She looks at me watching and gets these big, wide eyes. I felt like she had recognition on her face. Like she and I had sung together, that she loved music before she was born and that's part of why she was born into our family - to have music.
So Lois loves music.
Well, recently at nap time or when we're putting her down for the night, Lois has started to sing along with us. She'll sing the last word or two to a phrase then the rhyming word of the next phrase. It's so fun when she sings along. And so cute. She first did it with "punzel song". That's the song "When will my life begin" from Tangled. Tonight she did it with the hymn "Love at Home." It's so sweet and so cute. And you know what's even cooler? She sings the right notes. Awesome. I'm very proud.
I love my little lady. Oh, and she's also been really affectionate to me recently. "I wuv you, Daddy," she'll say. Sometimes just out of the blue, even. So cute. "I wuv you, too, Wois," I'll tell her. :) I love my little girl.
It's amazing how they really fill your heart with joy! Nothing is quite like hearing my little Gabby sing : )
ReplyDeleteKaren singing all of the songs of Ariel (the movie) to this day touch my heart as I remember the sweet voice she used. We would watch Ariel and she would sing the songs and speak every line that Ariel spoke.
ReplyDeleteIt seems Lois is touching her mother's heart in a similar fashion. A blessing and a tradition?