Not even a check engine light with 360 miles to go held me back. I made it. 16 hours after leaving the family reunion at Lake Tahoe (which was way fun, by the way) I finally made it to my apartment, tired and exhausted. I organized my stuff in the little room and collapsed on top of the bed, unshowered, clothes on, lights on, and fell asleep. The room is tiny, compared to the spacious apartment my parents have. But it's got a bed, a shower, fridge, and hotplate. What more could I need, right? Oh, and the walls are very well treated acoustically, which I really like.
Somehow, after driving so long, I was only able to sleep four hours that first night. Some of it, I think, is that I had the reading bug. I had started Dan Brown's Angels and Demons and like usually happens when I start a book, everything else gets pushed aside, even sleep, and I read. It is now finished, and I highly recommend it. It's a fast-paced book with some interesting perspectives on science and religion. Okay, this is getting boring. I'll try to spice it up:
It's very exciting living here. I'm in the heart of downtown. Pike's Place Market and the Space Needle are literally only 3 minutes walk away. I haven't had to drive anywhere (except to bring Sally-that's our cars name-to the shop). I can walk and get wherever I need to go.
I kind of wonder though, if the excitement will wear off as the loneliness sets in. I know sad, right? I realized I'm going to be here by my lonesome on the weekends and on some big family holidays like the 4th and 24th of July. I need to find a hobby. Any ideas? I'm thinking of doing a baby blanket for our little one. I also want to explore Downtown. Well, everyone knows the pictures are the most exciting, so here are a few I've taken so far. Don't worry, they'll get more exciting as time goes on.
This is Mt. Shasta in OR? Maybe WA. This next one should be the Portland, Oregon Temple. But the two megapixels on the camera really shows (ha, or doesn't show I guess). The angel Moroni might be visible to the right of the center light pole.
Sounds like its going to be some fun. How come Karen isnt going to live with you? Portland temple is really pretty...Thanks for the pic! HA!
ReplyDeleteI have to take classes this summer. Sad and lame, I know.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you already, David. Not that that helps with the loneliness. But your internship will be done soon enough. I love the idea of making a baby blanket for your little one. As you know, the blanket you crocheted (sp?) for Emmy is very, very, very special to me.
ReplyDelete