Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long Weekend--Long Haul

Well, we have officially had our last day off for the rest of the semester. Sigh.

But on the bright side, we had a nice weekend. For Valentine's Day we went to dinner on Friday night to a restaurant called The Chef's Table. It was probably the most posh place I'd ever eaten in. The waiter had a very affected "upper-class" voice that made us laugh at first. We felt a little uncomfortable for the first 15 minutes or so, just because it was so nice. The hostess helped us put our napkins in our laps for heaven's sake. But the food was delicious and it didn't put to huge of a hole in our pocket. It was a lovely night out.

We had a Krueger Family V-day dinner on Sunday. It's always fun having everyone come over. Believe it or not, I love how loud the house gets. :)

Now we're back in school and we'll be at it until the end of April without a break. Whew. (I'm thinking Chariot of Fire theme music here. :)

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you two had a wonderful dinner out for V-day. As for the family dinner, I believe the part about loving how loud the house gets; it is wonderful to be surrounded by family, especially with lots of little ones running around. That is the best kind of noise -- the people you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the family get-togethers too. The loudness stresses me out as of late, though, when Emmy is trying to sleep. I'm sure that will get better as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you had a romantic evening out. I got warm fuzzies when you described the house full of people. That is especially nice. I miss you darling! dum dum dum dum chariot of fire...

    ReplyDelete