So I found out the position I've been auditioning for in The Bells on Temple Square is actually a substitute position. I've got to start somewhere, right? Well... I'm in! It's technically an on-call type of position, but they usually have substitutes there most rehearsals so we can be acquainted with the music. One good thing but a tough thing is that I'll likely be playing different bells every week. So I'll get the chance to learn new parts, but I won't gain mastery at any one part. Honestly, though, I'm really excited.
I am now an official member of the Tabernacle Choir organization. I'll get set apart some time in the next few weeks. This is a priesthood calling that takes precedence over my other callings. I won't be released from my other callings (Sunday school teacher, ward choir director) unless the time commitment with Bells is too great.
Other neat things are that I'll get a parking pass for the Conference Center and a security badge to let me in to the Tabernacle and under ground tunnels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet! Congrats. Maybe in the underground tunnel you will see some GA's! :)
ReplyDeletepretty cool! I cant believe its a church calling, thats just so funny to me
ReplyDeletecongratulations karen! My cousin is in the Bells--her name is Janine Scott. Anyway, good luck, I know you'll be great!
ReplyDeleteOh, it's actually David who got in. I'm WAY too uncoordinated for such things. :)
ReplyDelete