Next week before our Wednesday rehearsal, I am getting set apart as a musical missionary for the Church to serve with Bells on Temple Square. It is a great opportunity to use music to share my testimony of the Gospel and of the Savior. I really am honored to be a part of such a great organization with a rich musical history and with a foundation of Gospel principles. We start each rehearsal with a prayer so that we can have the Spirit with us and so that we can learn the music in a way that will help the audience feel our Savior's love. We also pray for people we know who are in need of a little extra help. There is strength in praying as a group; we try to unify our faith on behalf of whoever needs it. Heavenly Father hears our prayers. And as He sees fit, He blesses us and those we pray for. So, next Wednesday will be a good, spiritual day for me and one I hope to remember for a long time.
I'm including a picture of the Salt Lake Temple (we rehearse in the Tabernacle, which is next to the Salt Lake Temple on Temple Square, seen to the left of and behind the temple in the picture) and a picture of the Bells on Temple Square, taken from their website
http://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/bells/.

No comments:
Post a Comment