Monday, March 8, 2010

What has Karen been up to? (Ok, and Lois update :)

Yes, I am alive. :) And aside from baby duty (more on that later in this post), I've been writing & reading. Instead of watching TV while feeding Lois, I read. And when she's eating for 30 mins to an hour every three hours, that makes for a lot of reading time. I can't even feel guilty for it either, because what else am I going to do? :) It's lovely. And because Lois sleeps pretty well in the morning, I've had time to write my book. Slowly but surely, I'm getting it done. I'm going to a writer's conference in June, and my goal is to have my first draft finished by then. I also started a book blog. I write about writing, young adult books, do book reviews, and basically anything I want (that revolves around the YA book world). I called it Typing With My Toes, and if you want to know more about it, you'll have to go there: http://karenmkrueger.wordpress.com. :)

And now for the baby duty parts....Lois is so stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself. She smiles all the time now, and David's gotten her to laugh a few times. Today, David and Lois were "talking" back and forth, too. They were making noises back and forth. It was cute. Here's what we do during the day....

Exercising
 One-two, one-two. Lift that head! 
Tummy time is a little precarious sometimes. Her head is so heavy that if her arms are positioned just right, she flops right over. Donk!

Putting on Makeup
We had an 80s party with the fam & Erica, David's sister, gave Lois a great big kiss right on her forehead. She has the mark to prove it. :)

Playing Dress Up
Lois's first Sunday to go to church (not counting when she was blessed). Doesn't she look so pretty in her dress? By the time she got to me, she was a little cranky.

Taking Naps
For a few days, Lois just wanted to bury her face into Daddy's arm to nap. Odd child. :)
 
Smiling & Looking Cute...her greatest talent


4 comments:

  1. What Sarah said. What a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she's so darling! I think burying her head in someone's arm to take a nap is a good idea. She definitely has talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T WAIT for you to get here!!!!! She is just too precious...

    ReplyDelete